2x Founder Mistakes
Founder mistakes I am relearning the hard way while building Minion AI.
- Hire for open roles, not just good people.
- Do live coding interviews, no matter what.
- Raise when you’re confident where you’re going.
- Most people can’t work remote as well as in person.
- Now is not the time for people to learn a new area of expertise.
- Do what you say you’re going to do, no matter what.
- Fire fast.
- Done is more important than hard work.
- Believe you will figure it out.
- Trust grows from asking the hard questions.
- Questioning priors is like folding steel.
- Poor health and loneliness are failure modes.
- 50% of the job is hiring.
- The idea you can’t shake is the core of your product.
- Stuck on a plateau is better than adrift at sea.
- Asking for help is a sign of strength.
- We should < I should < I will.
- Stop and smell the roses.